A good head and a good heart
iWASH Africa has adopted a unique solution that has been developed using an integrated approach, bringing together different technologies to solve a community’s water and sanitation problem in a holistic manner.
This integrated solution involves three components
- Construction of a micro flush bio digester toilet with a rainwater harvesting system.
- Construction of a 20,000 solar powered water provision system (borehole).
- Awareness raising and capacity building on best practices in water and sanitation through:
- School outreach – educating school children using computer programmes.
- Community fora – sensitizing inhabitants through public discourse, music and drama in the local dialect.
- Training young people to develop skills in managing and building small water systems.